No Products in the Cart
Amber is considered an "organic gemstone" in the sense that it is a gem, but was formed by a living organism. Other organic gemstones are pearls & corals!
The shells & sea glass charms came from the shores of Puerto Rico. They've been drilled & wrapped with a durable, heavy gauge .925 sterling silver wire.
WHAT IS AMBER?
Amber is fossilized resin from trees. Trees produce sap when damaged or scratched to protect themselves & to heal, so it makes sense that their sap, which hardens & turns into resin, would have healing properties. People have been wearing amber jewelry in a healing way for thousands of years. Succinic acid is the healing property that makes amber so unique. It helps with pain, anxiety, inflammation, & is even used in medications to treat thyroid & menopause issues. It is released from the amber when worn & absorbed directly into the skin.
The amber comes from pine trees in the Baltic region of Northern Europe, a place rich in amber deposits. Some of it is up to 44 million years old! This area of the world has some of the largest deposits of amber. It comes in shades of yellow, orange, and brown/black.
YOUR NECKLACE OPTIONS (please refer to the images)
1. Color: golden, ombre, brown, black round, black chips
2. Charm: shell or sea glass. I will match your sea glass color with the one on the necklace of your choice. Feel free to request a different color charm.
one size - 18" long
With love from Rincón, Puerto Rico.
WHY IS GENUINE SEA GLASS SO SPECIAL?
• It’s ethically sourced. All the sea glass I use in my jewelry comes from the lovely beaches of western Puerto Rico, mostly at the beach near my home.
• Sea glass is an alternative to the traditional gemstone. By wearing it, you are showing your appreciation for the ocean & for earth-friendly gems.
• Sea glass is up-cycled & has history. It takes 20 to 30 years to form, and sometimes as many as 50 years to acquire its characteristic texture and soft shape. It originates as pieces of glass from broken bottles, tableware, or even shipwrecks, which are rolled and tumbled in the ocean for years until their edges are rounded off and the slickness of the glass has been worn to a frosted appearance.
• Sea glass is a metaphor for life! "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor...or a frosted piece of sea glass."
WHY ARE SHELLS SO AMAZING?
• Shell jewelry has a very ancient past, dating back over 100,000 years.
• They are viewed as symbols of womanhood, fertility, birth and wealth.
• Shells are associated with the element of water & the moon which drives the tides. Wear them to connect to your intuition & creativity.
• Many cultures used shells as a form of currency. Cowrie shells were used in New Zealand, Africa and North America, and Native Americans used wampum as money.
• Protection is a shell's primary purpose in nature, as it is made to keep small, defenseless sea creatures safe from harm. Because of this, shells have strong protective energies.
• They're beautiful!
|Color:||Blue, Purple, White|