No Products in the Cart
Round abalone shell from New Zealand, set in a 14k gold filled pendant + gold plated detail with a sterling silver backing. Comes on a 14k gold filled chain.
The colors are revealed at different angles & light, much like opal, which is why abalone is sometimes referred to as "sea opal".
Pendant measures 3/4" x 3/8".
Chain is 18" long. If you need a different length, please include it in a message at checkout.
Handmade with love in Rincón, Puerto Rico.
WHY ARE SHELLS SO AMAZING?
• Shells are beautiful & jewelry made with them has a very ancient past, dating back over 100,000 years.
• They are viewed as symbols of womanhood, fertility, birth and wealth.
• Shells are associated with the element of water & the moon, which drives the tides. Wear them to connect to your intuition & creativity.
• Many cultures used shells as a form of currency. Cowrie shells were used in New Zealand, Africa and North America, and Native Americans used wampum as money.
• Protection is a shell's primary purpose in nature, as it is made to keep small, defenseless sea creatures safe from harm. Because of this, shells have strong protective energies.
|Color:||Blue, Purple, White|