No Products in the Cart
Cornflower blue sea glass from Puerto Rico that has been shaped into a tear drop, paired with abalone shell from New Zealand & set in .925 sterling silver.
The colors of the abalone are revealed at different angles & light, much like opal, which is why abalone is sometimes referred to as "sea opal".
Size 7.5 & can be hammered to a size 8. Please let me know in a message at checkout if you need this option.
Abalone measures 3/8" x 1/2" and sea glass is 5/16" x 1/2".
With love from Rincón, Puerto Rico.
WHY ARE SHELLS SO AMAZING?
• Shell jewelry has a very ancient past, dating back over 100,000 years.
• They are viewed as symbols of womanhood, fertility, birth and wealth.
• Shells are associated with the element of water & the moon which drives the tides. Wear them to connect to your intuition & creativity.
• Many cultures used shells as a form of currency. Cowrie shells were used in New Zealand, Africa and North America, and Native Americans used wampum as money.
• Protection is a shell's primary purpose in nature, as it is made to keep small, defenseless sea creatures safe from harm. Because of this, shells have strong protective energies.
• They're beautiful!
WHY IS GENUINE SEA GLASS SO SPECIAL?
• It’s ethically sourced.
• All the sea glass I use in my jewelry comes from the lovely beaches of western Puerto Rico, mostly at the beach near my home.
• Sea glass is an alternative to the traditional gemstone. By wearing it, you are showing your appreciation for the ocean & for earth friendly gems.
• Sea glass is up-cycled & has history. It takes 20 to 30 years to form, and sometimes as many as 50 years to acquire its characteristic texture and soft shape. It originates as pieces of glass from broken bottles, tableware, or even shipwrecks, which are rolled and tumbled in the ocean for years until their edges are rounded off and the slickness of the glass has been worn to a frosted appearance.
• Sea glass is a metaphor for life! "A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor...or a frosted piece of sea glass."
|Color:||Blue, Purple, White|