No Products in the Cart
A simple, one of a kind statement ring featuring old stock American-mined turquoise + a shiva shell (operculum) from the shores of Puerto Rico, set in an adjustable sterling silver band.
An operculum is the “trap door” that marine snails create in the opening of the shell to safely enclose the animal inside. These stunning natural gems with spirals serve as protection from other sea creatures & allow the snail to find refuge inside the shell if they end up stranded away from water in the event of a change in tides.
Operculum, commonly called shiva shells or cat’s eye shells, have a number of meanings associated with them - they symbolize the “Third Eye of Shiva” which represents the key of knowledge and wisdom. Coming from the sea, this shell has soothing and serene ocean vibes and will bring peace of mind and relaxation.
Adjustable ring, fits size 9-10.
The turquoise stone measures 7/8" x 3/4" and operculum is 1/2" x 1/2".
With love from Rincón, Puerto Rico.
WHY ARE SHELLS SO AMAZING?
• Shell jewelry has a very ancient past, dating back over 100,000 years.
• They are viewed as symbols of womanhood, fertility, birth and wealth.
• Shells are associated with the element of water & the moon which drives the tides. Wear them to connect to your intuition & creativity.
• Many cultures used shells as a form of currency. Cowrie shells were used in New Zealand, Africa and North America, and Native Americans used wampum as money.
• Protection is a shell's primary purpose in nature, as it is made to keep small, defenseless sea creatures safe from harm. Because of this, shells have strong protective energies.
• They're beautiful!
|Color:||Blue, Purple, White|