No Products in the Cart
This necklace features a shiva shell, also known as an operculum, which has been set in a 14k gold filled bezel and a sterling silver backing. The pendant has been dipped in 14k gold for an extra bright finish. It comes on a 14k gold filled chain.
An operculum is the “trap door” that marine snails create in the opening of the shell to safely enclose the animal inside. These stunning natural gems with spirals serve as protection from other sea creatures & allow the snail to find refuge inside the shell if they end up stranded away from water in the event of a change in tides. Operculum have a number of meanings associated with them - they symbolize the “Third Eye of Shiva” which represents the key of knowledge and wisdom. Coming from the sea, this shell has soothing and serene ocean vibes.
Total pendant size, including the bail is 3/4" x 1/2".
Chain is 18" long. If you need a different length, please include it in a message at checkout.
Handmade with love in Rincón, Puerto Rico.
WHY ARE SHELLS SO AMAZING?
• Shells are beautiful! And jewelry made with them has a very ancient past, dating back over 100,000 years.
• They are viewed as symbols of womanhood, fertility, birth and wealth.
• Shells are associated with the element of water & the moon which drives the tides. Wear them to connect to your intuition & creativity.
• Many cultures used shells as a form of currency. Cowrie shells were used in New Zealand, Africa and North America, and Native Americans used wampum as money.
• Protection is a shell's primary purpose in nature, as it is made to keep small, defenseless sea creatures safe from harm. Because of this, shells have strong protective energies.
|Blue, Purple, White