No Products in the Cart
These cowrie and trivia shells were found on the beaches of western Puerto Rico, sanded down & set in a sterling silver bezel with an open back.
If you don't need a chain, choose "just the pendant" under "necklace length". The chain used for these pendants is a great, sturdy oval cable chain - see a closeup in the 3rd image.
Shell measurements are from top of bail to the bottom of shell. The numbers below refer to the shells in the 4th image.
1. coffee bean trivia shell - 3/4"
2. medium cowrie shell - 1 1/8"
3. large cowrie shell - 1 1/4"
4. large cowrie shell - 1 3/16"
5. medium cowrie shell - 1 1/8"
6. medium cowrie shell - 1"
With love from Rincón, Puerto Rico.
WHY ARE SHELLS SO AMAZING?
• Shells are beautiful & jewelry made with shells has a very ancient past, dating back over 100,000 years.
• They are viewed as symbols of womanhood, fertility, birth and wealth.
• Shells are associated with the element of water & the moon which drives the tides. Wear them to connect to your intuition & creativity.
• Many cultures used shells as a form of currency. Cowrie shells were used in New Zealand, Africa and North America, and Native Americans used wampum as money.
• Protection is a shell's primary purpose in nature, as it is made to keep small, defenseless sea creatures safe from harm. Because of this, shells have strong protective energies.
|Color:||Blue, Purple, White|