No Products in the Cart
Round abalone from New Zealand set in a 14k gold filled ring with sterling silver behind the abalone. The rings were then dipped in 14k gold for an extra bright finish.
The colors of abalone are revealed at different angles & light, much like opal, which is why it is sometimes referred to as "sea opal".
Want to customize your own abalone ring? Check out the made-to-order listing HERE.
Please refer to the picture with the lettered rings. (Listed from top to bottom.)
a - size 5
b - size 6
c - size 7
d - size 8
e - size 9
Handmade with love in Rincón, Puerto Rico.
WHY ARE SHELLS SO AMAZING?
• They're beautiful! Shell jewelry has a very ancient past, dating back over 100,000 years.
• They are viewed as symbols of womanhood, fertility, birth and wealth.
• Shells are associated with the element of water & the moon which drives the tides. Wear them to connect to your intuition & creativity.
• Many cultures used shells as a form of currency. Cowrie shells were used in New Zealand, Africa and North America, and Native Americans used wampum as money.
• Protection is a shell's primary purpose in nature, as it is made to keep small, defenseless sea creatures safe from harm. Because of this, shells have strong protective energies.
|Color:||Blue, Purple, White|